WANTED: BC FIREFIGHTERS
Our Firefighter friends have been a HUGE part of Climb the Wall ever since it began 21 years ago – and they’re a big draw to other participants! The challenge itself is a great training motivator and a team-building exercise.
Join hundreds of firefighters Sunday, February 26th in an adrenaline-charged climb up 48 storeys to the top of the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel. When you’ve elevatored back down to the Grand Ballroom, refresh, relax and enjoy a delicious meal with our Glow Brunch After Party, to celebrate, connect – and marvel at the spectacle!
Firefighters participate in their own professional category.
With recommendations from the BC Fire Chiefs Association/the BCPFFA regarding firefighter apparel, and to qualify for the Firefighter Challenge, we now have two different divisions:
- Structural Gear Division (coats/pants)
- Wildland Gear Division (coveralls/physical training wear)
- Both Divisions must wear a helmet, SCBA and appropriate footwear:
- Wearing coveralls: structural or wildland boot
- Wearing physical training wear: runners
Timing chips are provided to each participant. The following awards are announced at the event in each division:
- Best climb time overall, Male
- Best climb time overall, Female
- Fastest “Masters” climb time, Male
- Fastest “Masters” climb time, Female
- Top Firefighter Fundraiser (includes both divisions)
REGISTRATION IS FREE for all firefighters. However, we require that each team raise a minimum of $100 per firefighter.
Note: Most teams have to share SCBAs, so please organize your team accordingly. It's not a problem if members of your team climb in a later Wave than assigned, to accommodate sharing.
For more information: