Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
When’s the event?
February 26th, 2023 at 9:00am
When’s the deadline registration?
Online registration will be open until noon, Friday, February 24th, 2023.
What’s the schedule?
STAY TUNED! Schedule will be posted January 2023!
What about masks?
Masks are not required to be worn, but we will have masks available for those that feel more comfortable wearing them at a public gathering. You’re welcome to wear a mask during the event and while climbing.
Is this a seated event?
The brunch will have available seating; there is no assigned seating.
Will there be food and drink at the event?
Yes! We have catering provided by the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre.
Can children participate?
Yes. Minors under 18 must have an adult guardian with them throughout the event.
Is there a fundraising minimum?
Each climber is asked to raise a minimum of $225 as an individual or as a team average. Firefighters are asked to raise $100 as an individual or as a team average.
Can I pick up my teammate's package?
What time does the event start, and when should I be there?
Doors open at 8:30 am. Please check for your “wave” start time once they’re posted on this website. Waves will be assigned two weeks before the event.
Where do I park my car?
- The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre has a large pay-parking garage
- Street parking can be found adjacent to the hotel
- Valet parking at the hotel
Can friends and family come to watch me climb?
Yes! They’re very welcome to attend and cheer on climbers. If you raise $50 over your fundraising minimum, you will receive a wristband for a guest to come and enjoy the brunch. And if you’re bringing a crew, each additional person can join in for a suggested min. $20 donation. Kids under 10 are admitted by donation of your choosing. Click here or email email@example.com for more details.
Can I climb in a different wave than I was assigned?
Yes, just let us know before the day of the event if you want to change waves.
The hard-and-fast rules!
- All climbers must wear provided race numbers pinned to the FRONT of their t-shirt.
- No water bottles are permitted in the stairwell. Water stations will be available throughout the Climb.
- No backpacks, child carriers, or fanny packs.
- If you need assistance during the Climb, radio-equipped hallway monitors and medical personnel are there to help! They’ll be located on approximately every 5th floor.
- Please pass other Climbers on the left. Say “PASSING” as you approach.
- All Climbers must descend in the elevator. If you need to exit before the finish, please don’t walk down the stairs! Ask a volunteer for help with exiting onto the nearest accessible floor; take the elevator Grand Ballroom.